Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 343: Easel Makeover

Before
After!
We were driving down the street and saw someone was trashing this perfectly good easel. We couldn't let that happen! Immediately, I thought of turning it into a chalkboard. It's still a functional easel, but now it can serve double duty!

I just cleaned it up, put on a couple coats of chalkboard paint, and voila! There you go.

I can't wait to use it for all kinds of things, welcoming guests, wishing happy holidays, etc. etc. Hurrah for crafting!

PS - If anyone wants the rest of my chalkboard paint, let me know - it's yours :)

2 comments:

  1. woohoo! also love that shannon's hair and the tree were similarly drawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how v. observant of you! yes, my drawring skills are quite limited. poor guy also has nice neat hair currently, so not fair to give him crazy hair of shannons past!

    ReplyDelete