Sunday, August 8, 2010

Day 39: Ceilings, to paint or not to paint?

We've been reading a lot about home restoration and, my favorite, decoration, and ceiling color seems to be a recurring theme. Some camps say it makes a room look darker. Others say it can make it seem lighter, some say your ceiling can blush! What do you think? To paint, or not to paint? And by not paint, I don't mean actually not paint, but rather the typical flat white ceiling paint. I love the idea of painting the ceiling, but I'm having a hard time committing to a color. Too close to the wall color and it could become cave-like. Too light and it may not look like a color at all! Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions?

I'm thinking of maybe using Hemingway - the yellow-ish off-white from the kitchen - for the rooms that will be recycled glass green. But what about in the rooms that will be Hemingway? There's a nice green called 'pale oak grove' by valspar, but i'm not sure if it's too minty white to be paired with the yellowish off-white.

And, yes, I realize I just wrote a paragraph about two variations of white. Who am I?

I'll leave you with this great BHG article on choosing a ceiling color. Which, it's now evident, I need to re-read before blubbering on here ;) In fact, here are a couple more.

No comments:

Post a Comment