Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 58: Plans for the Weekend

Mom is coming in town this weekend, 'to help.' When I asked Shannon what we could help with (the smaller projects have dwindled), he looked terrified.

"Why don't you guys go furniture shopping?" he replied.

Riiiiiight, furniture shopping.

There's plenty left to be done, believe you me, but it's larger scale stuff now that we can't really 'help' with, unless we happen to be skilled laborers, which we are not. ;) And it's quite true that I've been putting off furniture shopping, and it feels more like another dreaded 'to do' than the joyride it SHOULD be. But, here it is, time to get it done! So my wonderful mother will sacrifice her weekend to ride all over town with me in search of the perfect sofa (and a few accessories I'm sure;). The woman is a saint!

Meanwhile, Shannon is just about done with his major plumbing project. Hurrah! An update coming soon, in his very own words!

No comments:

Post a Comment