Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 98: Tales from the Move

Well, we're moved in and loving it! Three hilarious stories from the move so far. Well, hilarious to me anyway. ;)

See, we have this desk. I would love to say we had this desk, past tense, as in have it no longer. But Shannon had other plans. I told him I didn't want the desk anymore and that it wasn't moving with us. He, however, hates to get rid of ANYTHING that's not broken (and even then it's tough!), and thought he could use said desk in the basement. Yep, the tiny unfinished, full of stuff basement. I haven't yet mentioned the desk weights about a billion pounds.

Well, Riley and I went for a walk when the movers came so we'd be out of the way. On the walk, I discovered that the Hallmark Channel is filming a movie down the street from us called 'The Lost Valentine,' starring Betty White and Jennifer Love-Hewitt. We even saw them filming in the yard, it was very cool (see pic of new neighbor friend w/ Betty). We spent some time with some other neighbors who'd gathered to watch the movie crew in action, and when we got back from our walk I walked up just in time to hear the head mover saying, "Uh, sir? You know that desk you wanted in the basement?" My eyes catch Shannon's. Eyebrows raise. He asks, "Yeah?" Mover responds: "Well, it won't fit. Like through the door." See pic. Words can't describe how funny I thought this was. The desk is still sitting in the backyard, much to my amusement ;)

Hilarity # 2 is Riley's fun new game, to which she's lost 3 toys (1 was recovered). She loves playing and likes to roll her ball under things just enough so she can get it back out. Inevitably, we have to retrieve the ball when it goes too far under something and she goes insane until we do. Cut to Riley in the new house, where none of the vent covers are on because the floors were *just* finished last week. Shannon totally busted her rolling her ball to the edge of one of the vent holes and told her that was not a fun game. Fast forward five minutes and she's going insane at one of the vents. Yep. Because she rolled her ball a little too far. This happened a couple more times and the vents are now covered. She cracks me up.

Hilarity # 3 involves numerous Betty White sightings and encounters, including one in which Julie and I, along with two high school girls whom we're now facebook friends with, sang 'Thank you for being a friend' to Betty and another where my friend held Betty's hand while gushing how much she loved her while Riley and I looked awkwardly on. All I have to say is Betty is super sweet and loves dogs, now including Riley :)

1 comment: